Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 16 – A picture of someone who inspires you

This one was easy in a sense. There is one woman who has been the biggest influence in my life. Past, present and, I know, future. This is a woman whose advice I always ask for even if I don't end up taking it.

But first, the runner-ups. In no particular order:

My Seester. Ah, what Blog Post would be complete without my seester in it. As previously stated she is the (second, as I am the first) best seester anyone could ask for. She left a comfortable life in Canada to move to Thailand to teach English. She went, the first time, without knowing how it would be, whether she would find her niche. She went half way around the world knowing no one. And she has been back and forth to Thailand on and off for the last 7 years. She is currently Head Teacher at her school.



My Bamma. My Bamma passed away 8 years ago Thursday. She was.. I don't have words to describe how much she meant to me. She was a second mother to me. When I was around 10 or 11, my Bamma and my Poppa converted my parents mud room into a separate house for themselves and moved in full-time. For thereon in we had live-in grandparents. Myself and my three siblings got to see Bamma and Poppa whenever we wanted. Bamma taught me how to play cards. Taught me how to cheat at cards. She was one of the smartest women I knew. My family loves to play Trivial Pursuit but you could never get Bamma on your team, she would give answers to whoever asked tho. She raised 11 kids with my Poppa. 11. The last pregnancy was twins. I can't even imagine. I have problems with the one I've got sometimes. She raised 11 kids and worked a full-time job.

I will always miss her. Always. It hurts that she will never know Ricky, even though she wouldn't have approved of him since he was a boy :D




I'm sure you all saw this coming: My Number 1 inspirational person-

My mommy. Oh my mommy. My mom is the best mom (even better than me). She inspires me. She may have only raised us four kids, but she did an amazing job of it. As the oldest of 11 (seriously..eleven..) she may have had some practice tho. As I reflect on mine, and my siblings adolescences I can't imagine why she didn't drown us all. We were pains in the butts. We are all now responsible independent adults. I credit her (and dad) for that.

Now that I am a mom myself, I am even more inspired by her. She teaches me something new all the time. I call or Skype her all the time for advice. Ricky will and already has benefit from having her as a Grandmer.

Mom-I love you and I appreciate you more than you can ever imagine. Thank you.




And just to annoy mom and Mel, here is a picture of my Top Three Influences (Bamma wouldn't be impressed either but she can't do anything about it! ...is that thunder I hear...?)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Megan! You did a good job with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. It's like 8 am on New Year's Day and you've got me weeping like a damn cry-baby. I've been saving up for a really good blog post about Mom, and you just stole all my thunder.
    (Let's not even talk about my terrible hair in that last picture... yikes.)
    PS I was an awesome and charming adolescent. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liz and Carrie,

    And you got dad sis, so I got mom

    ReplyDelete