Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 08 – A picture of your most treasured item

So I put some thought into this one. I have lots of stuff. Like, excess amounts of stuff. Some people (Mike) might even say I am a pack-rat. Clearly some people (Mike) are wrong.

I have things that are precious to me (quilts and wall hangings made by my Bamma. MerCreations made by my mom, pictures) and all of those are worth more than I can express. But I decided to go a different route, I decided to pick something that I bought and that I have had the longest.

Now, I bought this when I first moved out of my parents house. I think it was one of the first things I bought. I remember thinking 'wow, $9.99...that's expensive, oh well, I need it'. It has moved with me over the last 19 years to four different provinces. It is usually the last thing packed and the first thing unpacked.

Here it is:




My alarm clock. Weird I know. But this alarm clock is perfect for me. I am blind without my glasses, the numbers on this clock are so big that I can actually make it out with minimal squinting from a few feet away. (I put a pop can beside it for reference) The radio part no longer works but the alarm is super loud. Not that I ever really need the alarm, I have a mental alarm that usually wakes me up when needed.

So yes, I don't know if it would be one of the things I would grab in case of a fire, but I do so love my alarm clock and would miss it if I didn't have it...

2 comments:

  1. That is a surprise! I expected a picture of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but he is not an item, he is a person. I did think of interpreting that way but decided that Ricky would feature enough anyways in this blog :)

    ReplyDelete