Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 31 – A picture of food you made

Whooo-boy, do I suck at blogging. Due to a baby who got quite sick, followed by Mike and then I getting sick and then leaving on Tour de Ricky Part Deux, my blogging skills fell apart. My deepest apologies and I am getting much nagging about this from unexpected sources.

So today's blog is about a food that I made. Now many people seem to think that my baking skills are new and unusual. I have always enjoyed cooking but never did much of it when I was single, at least nothing fancy, as it is boring to cook for one. And when Mike and I started to live together it was just easier to let him do *most* of the cooking as he had some many 'food rules' (no microwaves, minimal preservatives, blah blah) that if he made it then he couldn't complain. And then we got in the habit of just making our own food and eating at different times a few times a week.

Since I've been on mat leave I find I now have the time (snort) to actually enjoy cooking again. And when my mom came and surprised my seester and myself with a visit in October she taught me how to make bread. Seriously, I make bread now. And not in a bread-maker. By hand, well sort of, with my Oster Kitchen Center. Which my mommy bought for me off Kijiji when she visited. Best. Mixer. Ever! His name is Oscar.

Ricky and I are visiting at The Farm right now and mom taught me how to make sausage rolls last week. I think we all know who is Poppa's favorite grandchild is now. Ahem. The person's name begins with a 'M' and ends with an 'egan'. I am hoping that I am able to keep up the baking once I return to work. At least I will have Friday, Saturdays or Sundays to do the baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment